Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Loyal Soldier

In the hustle and bustle of everyday living I lose track of the divine in all things. The mundane and familiar can become incidental. The drama of everyday living is so compelling.

I love a good storyline. When I get caught up in the drama of others, I avoid self care. I have been running in my life for so long, I am not if I can stop. I believe I have done this since I was very young. It must have been purposeful, at some point. Now it has become destructive and ineffective. If it was still working, I would not be blogging about it. My tendency to "over do it" has cost me relationships. It has also impacted my integrity because I am less accountable to myself and others when I try to do it all.

I am vivacious and a lover of life. I love to live fully with all senses engaged. I cannot do this every minute of everyday. I t is too much. It is artificial. It no longer serves me.

How does one slow down but stay present and authentic?

How do I remain fully engaged but not continue to be the "little engine that could?"

What will my loyal soldier's next assignment be?



Egret's Egress, #3921

© 2011 James W. Murray, all rights reserved.

(click image for larger version)

Details: February 2, 2011; Canon 20D; f/6.3 @ 1/4016 sec; ±0 EV; ISO 400; 430mm.

________

No comments:

Post a Comment