Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fog and Myst

Dreams are soul excursions between twilight and dawn where I enter the collective deep interior with it's vast tunneling pathways leading me into my soul. The images, which can be strange, sacred, and at times scary, are essential opportunities to remember my fate and purpose. Some images lick at my heels like angered flames as I attempt to fly over them without injury. The point is not to avoid being burned; the point of purpose is to accept the invitation rather than avoiding the pain. The fire of purpose never goes out, even as fog or mist dampen the heat. The luminous fire constantly offers the essence of alchemical transformation.

I must be willing to step into the flames.

Mist and fog are elements that may cool the fire and confuse familiar terrain, however my feet know the way. My purpose and fate are embedded in my body. My DNA is encoded with ancestral myth and mysticism, which eternally urges me deeper into living my dream.

I call upon fog and Myst (mist) to cool the fire of my purpose. In Fall and Winter I tend to my hearth with a slow and simple fire. I have had enough of the towering infernos which burn too hot and too bright consuming all my energy. This is the season when fog and mist are welcomed partners. I am aware and I am embracing elemental change.

In the mist and fog I am given more time to contemplate what is emerging in the distance. It is this time between seeing and knowing that I choose to dwell today.



Goddess Sunset, #1040-7D

© 2011 James W. Murray, all rights reserved.

(click image for larger version)

Details: August 12, 2011; Canon 7D; f/8 @ 1/40 sec; —2 EV; ISO 400;
Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM @ 135mm


________


No comments:

Post a Comment