Monday, January 16, 2012

Saying What is So

Truth is not subject to my interpretation. Truth is a matter of fact.
Largely my truth is based on my own perceptions, which are impacted by my feelings and my fears. Saying what is so for me means knowing what is so for me. That takes focus and willingness to slow down enough to listen to my inner truth. I have a small still voice within that does speak to me regularly. That does not mean I listen, however, nor that I pay attention.


How do you pay attention to the small still voice within yourself? How do you know the difference between that intuitive all knowing voice versus the cackle of the "committee" which is misguiding and can be very painful?


Spending time in meditation, quiet reflection and in the natural world is my way of listening and paying attention to the divine voice within. Sometimes the world gets going so fast and my mind and heart are spinning so out of control that it is very difficult to hear this small quiet voice.

Today I am holding myself softly in the knowledge that the intuitive voice I seek to know is within me and all around me, and I can open up to by slowing down and listening.




Ear, #7949-20D

© 2011 James W. Murray, all rights reserved.

(click image for larger version)

Details: May 15, 2010; Canon 20D; f/11 @ 1/100 sec; —1/3 EV; ISO 200;
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
________


No comments:

Post a Comment