Monday, June 14, 2010

Strategic Destruction

The poet Hafiz wrote, "Fear is the cheapest room in the house. I would like you to find better living conditions."

I have lived in an opulent castle of fear for the past forty-eight years. I personally handled every detail, piece of furniture and floral arrangements, which were delivered fresh daily.

When I allow love into my heart it's equal to packing up one room at a time in the opulent castle, and sending its contents to storage.

It is the strategic destruction of fear.

Sorting through the hoards of fear provides the possibility of a new living address. I can change my zip code any time I choose by giving up the old and unnecessary in my life. Fear falls into this category.

Creation involves destruction.

Look around and listen.

As I move the boxes out of the castle into my humble new abode, I surrender to the divine. In surrender I am recreated into a trusting woman. Mother Earth continuously creates herself anew. I am invited to join her in this cyclical birth/death/rebirth dance which is ongoing and never ending.

I am always up for a good dance.



Past, Present, Future, #4726

© 2010 James W. Murray, all rights reserved.


(click image for larger version)

Details: September 19, 2009; Canon 20D; f/11 @ 1/400 sec; -2/3 EV; ISO 100; 18mm.

__________

1 comment:

  1. Hey you two!-
    This is a great way to bring two great minds together and to move upward in friendship and mutual respect. I love how there are important things written and seen together. Though you have different ways of expressing ideas and getting across meaningful communications I think this brings an understanding to your marriage that many couples don't have. What a great topic to put thought to and I appreciate your inviting me to join in your journey together!
    Bryan

    ReplyDelete