Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The truth is always easier to remember.

As a child, I would sometimes lie for no reason. I was afraid my father would be mad or disappointed in me, so I would lie to him. I was never very good at lying. I always got caught. But, that never stopped me.

What things in my life do I continue to do even if I am not good at them?

I sing, loud.

I dance, not well, but I love to dance.

I give advice even though my life is not perfect.

I interrupt people because I am so excited to be in the conversation and in the relationship, but they never like or appreciate it, no matter what the reason.

What do you do that you are not very good at?

Are you willing to continue long enough to develop some skill?

What would I do in my life if I knew I could not fail?

I would write bestselling inspirational books that would remain on the New York Times bestseller list for 702 weeks.

I would be a highly sought after international inspirational speaker and teacher focused on helping people unlock their own potential.

I would quit my job and live my dreams.

What would you do?


At the Hop, #7309

© 2010 James W. Murray, all rights reserved.


(click image for larger version)

Details: August 6, 2006; Canon 20D; f/5 @ 1/30 sec; -1/3 EV; ISO 800; 38mm.

__________

1 comment:

  1. I'd turn that question into another question:
    Is fear of failure ever a valid reason for not doing what we want?

    ReplyDelete